The 2012 cleantech company nominees are...
The companies that are allowed to present themselves at the 2012 edition of the Stockholm Cleantech Venture Day have now been selected. The nominees are carefully selected Swedish hi-tech businesses, with great potential for becoming leading in their market segments, and at the same time they are competing for the prize as the 2012 Swedish cleantech company.
Competition among the nominees has been great and close to 50 cleantech companies have registered. Sweden is the leading country in this area and there are a lot of qualified companies to choose among. This year´s nominees are:
· Absolicon Solar Concentrator AB - Solar power
· Anolytech AB - Environmentally friendly disinfection solutions
· Arsizio AB - Energy-efficient manufacturing
· Binab Bio-Innovation AB - Biological plant protection
· Biorecro AB - BioEnergy Carbon Capture and Storage
· Chromafora AB - Green chemistry for pharmaceuticals
· ClimaCheck Sweden AB - Heating/air-conditioning optimization control
· CorPower Ocean AB - Wave power
· Entrans AB - Waste energy transformation
· Expektra AB - Smart grid
· Ferroamp Elektronik AB - Smart grid
· HelioCaminus AB - Solar power
· IBC Robotics AB - Enviromentally friendly cleaning solutions
· Knycer AB - Enviromentally friendly dryer solutions
· Neo Zeo AB - Biogas refinement solutions
· Optistring Technologies AB - Solar P/V Inverter technology
· REAC Fuel AB - Biomass fuels
· Solelia Greentech AB - Solar power charging systems
· Sorubin AB - Energy efficent aeration
· Terrigio AB - Irrigation systems
— "The criteria for being a nominee are among others that the company should have an innovative product with an international potential and a clearly formulated business plan and vision. The company needs to be active and have services and products that reduce the environmental effect."
Hanna Eriksson Lagerberg, business developer, Stockholm Cleantech
The jury consist of Markus Berglund, Business developer — Swedish Energy Agency, Lars-Ingvar Eriksson, Director Business Creation and Innovation - KIC Sweden InnoEnergy, Östen Ekengren, Excecutive Vice president- IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institut, Arash Sangari, M-Teknik, International Data Group and Magnus Rehn, Business coach - Cleantech, STING.
Stockholm Cleantech Venture Day is one among several activities that aim to strengthen and develop cleantech companies in Sweden. A key in this development is to support the financing process of these companies. At this year´s event approximately 60 investors will be present. Other participants are entrepreneurs, industry representatives, public decision-makers and representatives from emerging markets such as China, India and the Arab Emirates.
Behind SCVD are STING, Stockholm Innovation & Growth AB and Stockholm Cleantech. Partners are Swedish Energy Agency, Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth, EIT Kic Inno Energy, Stockholm Business Region Development, Royal Technical High School, IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute, Innovationsbron, Connect Öst and Globe Forum.
For more information please contact
Hanna Eriksson Lagerberg Project manager, Stockholm Cleantech c/o IVL Svenska Miljöinstitutet AB, +46 (0) 8 598 563 60,
Magnus Rehn Business Coach, STING Stockholm Innovation & Growth AB, +46 (0) 705 12 05 48,